Thursday, January 14, 2010

Andrew Rides a Bike!

For a long time I have thought about teaching Andrew how to ride his bike without training wheels. Yesterday was the day I finally pulled out the tiny bike that doesn't have training wheels on it and we gave it a whirl. He got on it and I told him to start pedaling while I was still holding on. He immediately said, "Mom, let go!" I let go, and off he went. He catches onto new things very quickly but I didn't think it would be that quick. That was effortless! I bet if I had taken him out earlier he would have done this much younger!


Since he was ready, Dad took the training wheels off of his bike.

And he tried it with his big bike.
Once again he took right off

And was loving it!

He was even confident enough to do some tricks.


(Notice his feet aren't on the pedals.)
He and Aubree had a blast riding together.
Here's Aubree doing a trick.

Even Dad joined in on the fun.

Great job Andrew!

*Note to self* Aubree learned how to ride before I started blogging. She learned in November of 2008.

2 comments:

Amber and Ryan said...

GO Andrew! How old are they when they can start to ride a little bike with training wheels?
PS- We have your Walle book.

Duston said...

WOW, Look at him go! Cute pictures! Miss you guys!